A family-owned business headquartered in Alabama, J.M. Wood Auction has grown to be one of the three largest heavy equipment auction companies in the United States. Serving a local, national and global audience of buyers onsite and online, J.M. Wood partnered with Stamp to expand their digital efforts and strengthen online buyers and sellers of heavy equipment.
To stay competitive in the auction industry and increase the digital exposure for J.M. Wood, we collaborated with our digital media partner to create a sophisticated strategy that included geofencing competitor auction sites around the country. Working with the client, 116 competing auction locations were identified to target and serve digital ads to mobile devices that were on location participating in competitor auctions within the previous year. We also layered in the company’s existing database of customers and targeted them with a digital strategy across multiple platforms and devices. Creative was designed to entice both sellers and buyers of heavy equipment during various stages of the campaign.
- Low inventory of heavy equipment to sell
- Due to COVID, more buyers were online vs onsite in 2021
- Minimal previous digital advertising
- Timed campaign to first market to sellers and then flipped campaign to focus and target buyers
- Digital strategy to expand marketing efforts and drive people straight to the “How to Buy” and “How to Sell” pages on their new website
- Geofenced competitor auction locations to capture devices that were on location participating in a previous heavy equipment auction
- Layered in keyword search (PPC) for specific equipment makes and models
- Mobile interstitial display ads earned a CTR of 12.05%
- Overall campaigns for the first quarter of 2022 resulted in more than 3.5 million impressions and more than 39K clicks
- Our client stated the sales revenue was the best they had generated to date
Creative was designed to entice both sellers and buyers of heavy equipment during various stages of the campaign.
- Digital Marketing & Strategy
- Art Direction & Graphic Design
- Media Planning & Management